Sunday, October 28, 2012

I baked it myself with LOVE! well made Apfelmus!



Today I decided to make Apfelmus instead of baking something. Although I would like to make Apple   pie as well but that's for another day. My roommate Flo and I bought this huge bucket full of apples..for only 3,99€..so since then we've been making everything with apples.
This is a really easy recipe ... and you can easily change things up each time you make it..to keep it interesting. Not interesting in the cooking show way but exciting and fun. Yes Apfelmus can be fun!


So these pictures show the first step. Peeling your apples! GO ON!! DO IT!! It did take some time as I used about 2 kg of apples. You would think that it's way to much for only 3 people ...well you..no not for us!! 
The first step is just to peel the apples and cut them into tiny, thin little slices. I used on of those apple peelers to make my little slices.
After that...you put the apples into a pot with about 150 ml of water in it. It doesn't have to be a lot of water just so about 1/3 of the apples are covered in it. Then you let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

Then you add your spices. I chose to put only 1 flat tablespoon of brown sugar in (the apples were already very sweet), 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon vanille sugar and 1 tablespoon of cloves.

Basically you can put in more or less of everything depending on how you like it. But we all loved it!
I did have to add a tad bit more water though because I didn't want it to be to chunky.
I let it cook on low heat for about 40 min. You don't really have to stand next to the pot all the time..just make sure you check up on it every 15 min or so and stir through it. 

Now you just have to wait till it has the consistency you like. And if you want it to be really smooth...go through it with a mixer. 

This is a really easy and tasty recipe. Just cut the apples and mix it with all the other Ingredients and let it simmer on the stove until its finished. Easy peasy!
We ate it warm with vanilla eis-cream ... but it's also great with pancakes!
If you have any questions..don't be afraid to ask!
Have fun with it! I did! 
Tüdeldü!

No comments:

Post a Comment