Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sewing A Dress!

Hello there everyone! This is me sewing! Not my prettiest self but I thought I'd share it anyway.
I saw this girl wearing a dress with a sweetheart neckline and I loved it! Soo I tried it myself.  I usually sew things from vintage materials...simply because I can't really afford the ones that I like as much in stores. I always find great materials in my favourite second hand store here in Vienna. 


I used the stool to draw the neckline of the beige material I didn't have anything else that size and round. Also i used one of my t-shirts to roughly draw the outlines of the beige part.


And now you will get to see one of the things I hate most!! Mixing b&w photos with colourphotography but ok..my boyfriend took the photos not nowing that I was going to put them on Stylemingle a few weeks later. 


I pinned the turquoise material to the beige one...making the shape I wanted. This was really tricky since I pinned them into the mannequin and then had to repin them so that I can sew it. Plus I kept sewing the mannequin to my dress. I got so annoyed that I stopped sewing it for a couple of weeks and then eventually got back to it.


This is me repinning the material!! uuuhhhh!! ahhhh!! 



It didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to but I still like it.
I kind of cut it too short and wasn't able to put in an elastic band at the waist...but I like it like this as well. I'm no professional so I guess it's all good!


Look how happy I was to finally wear it! Mensch Mensch!!
This was just me sharing a bit so I didn't go further into detail but if you want to know anything just ask!  Hope you like it!

love Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment